Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 1st

Just to start the month right, I will write and tell you what's been going on in  La Mirada.
On the 23rd I went to get my hair  highlighted and shaped, looks good, since I started having it done with highlights, it doesn't show my "bald" spots, it seems my hair looks thicker too, so it's worth the $$$.

Thursday Norbert came over to fix the automatic garage door, nice of him :), he also did a couple of other things  and got the SSR started. Late we went to El Torito ( I got 2 courtesy free meals - Lizzie knows why). I had not been feeling very good but I really wanted a Cadillac Margarita, so I had 2, and we both had shrimp, beef and chicken fajitas. They were yummy!

I also had some tests done and I am happy to say my diabetes is well controlled, and all the tests came out fine. I also had a mammogram -no results yet. This Friday I am going to the podiatrist. I still have a cough :(

Marvin has been feeling pretty good lately, and he's been driving the SSR to the grocery store and to get a haircut, he also went and had all the vehicles detailed and washed :)

I saw some interesting movies in April. "Magic Valley" (2011) original title was "Buhl, Idaho" but was changed to Magic Valley. It's an Indie, the director is from Buhl. Sad movie, but the landscape brought some memories.
"Hello I must be going" (2012), and "The Guilt Trip" (2012)

And here's the books I read in April:
Jess Walter - Beautiful Ruins

Susan Isaacs - Goldberg Variations

Anthony Capella - The Food of Love

Sarah Strohmeyer - Smart Girls Get What They Want

Katie Fforde - A Perfect Proposal

Polly Williams - Afterwife

2 comments:

RedRed said...

How did you like Beautiful Ruins?

Kteach said...

I really liked it, only I had heard so many superlativeds about it, that then I always expect more. They may make a movie out of it :)