Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekly recap


Just thought I would let you know what's been going on this week.
Most of the time I am outside doing some gardening, the tomatoes are doing well and the roses are blooming, Spring is here! well just a couple more days :)
Last Sunday I was looking at some pictures of Monica in FB and decided to call Nuri. Last time we talked she hung up on me, but I was curious to know how her new life inland is and what she's doing.
Well it's been 2 or 3 since we talked, and I  have to say, same same. That woman doesn't change, at least she's consistent. She right away started telling me about she had to sell the apartment where she lived (the peluqueria) and how she got hardly enough to buy her little condo in La Bisbal, and how she was planning on coming to the US and give some money, not to me because I don't need it!? but to Sandy and Lizzie, but unfortunately she loaned money to Sonia for the restaurant and she never got repayed and she lost everything and only has 400 euros a month to live on and blah blah. By the way, it doesn't match what Sonia told me. But whatever. After all she's my sister and I hate not having communication with her at all. I have to accept that's the way she is. Next time she says she'll call, we'll see.
On Tuesday evening, I took the truck to Cerritos Dodge to have it serviced. Norbert met me there and we went to eat at Olive Garden and then he took me home. The next day they called me to sub at Jersey, but I declined because I had to go get the truck. Norbert came to pick me up and we went back to Cerritos Dodge. He wanted to have dinner at Hometown Buffet, I told him I'd go with him but I didn't want to eat, since I dislike buffets. So that's what we did.
On Friday, Marvin and I went for a late lunch at Black Angus. 2 words: cheese bread!
This weekend has been slow. Marvin watered the lawn after the gardeners spread some fertilizer. We played outside with Lulu, and just laze about. Took naps and really didn't do much of anything.

Some of the movies I have been watching this week.....Identity Thief (terrible),  People Like Us...Eat Drink Man Woman and it's US version Tortilla Soup.


1 comment:

emtes said...

I am so sorry your contact with Nuri is so bad. I know how important and how nice it is to have good contact and fun with a sister, as I have two wonderful sisters (that I have contact with and love)

You have me, you know that! I'm only a phonecall away and I promise I won't hang up on you :-)

Love you and miss you a lot. It is too far between the times we can meet in person. I hope you one day will have the possibility to come over here (but not this time of the year, you wouldn't like it at all!)

Take care and give Marvin a big hug from me. I'm happy he's doing so well!

Puss och kram to you from your little sister <3