Sunday, November 11, 2012

Very special notes

I am going to make a scrapbook of my retirement from teaching. I have been going through boxes and been putting away things I want to display in my scrapbook. I read some of the notes that parents, and children wrote me. So sweet.
Here's a sample, will put more later :)

This is from Maria. I had her 2 daughters in my class, Miranda and Salome. On my retirement day, she gave me $100.00 gift certificate and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, she wrote this in her card:


Mrs. Wann,
Words cannot describe my gratitude for your dedication towards all the kids whose lives you've touched in your 26 years as an educator.
I know I've said this to you before and I will say it again. I will forever be grateful to you for paving the path for my daughter's bright future! It has been an honor to know you and it's a shame to see you go. Though saddened by your departure, I wish you your best years to come. Take good care and know you will be missed.
With love and admiration,
Maria


This is from her daughter Miranda:
Thank you Mrs Wann for being so patient, even with crazy little kinders. I wish you good luck. This school will miss you dearly and so will I!
Miranda (9 years old)

And from Salome:
Thank you Mrs Wann for teaching me how to write my name. I wish you would stay at Jersey forever. I remember when we were good you would give us gummy bears. Happy retirement.
Salome (7 years old)
 
It warms my heart :)

1 comment:

RedRed said...

AWWWW! The mom's note was lovely.