Tuesday, November 13, 2012

martes 13

Today is Tuesday the 13th. In Spain, it's supposed to be an unlucky day, much as Friday the 13th is in the US.

Spaniards in general are rather superstitious, especially in Andalucia, in the southern part of Spain. My maternal greatgrandmother was from Gibraltar, which is the southernmost part of the Iberian Peninsula, it's also a British territory as per the Treaty of Utrecht.

Catalans are described as subtle, serious, hard working people characterized by the term "seny" meaning common sense, or a pragmatic attitude toward life.
Andalusians, are  witty, idealistic, and artistic.

I know this is stereotyping both Catalans and Andalusians, but I just wanted to make a point, that I have both sides in me. So as a catalan, I laugh at superstition, but my southern side  sort of believes in it.

And the whole point of this little post, is that even though it was Tuesday the 13th, it was still a lovely day :)





No comments: