Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

This holiday is purely American. We don't have Thanksgiving in Europe, is not that we are not thankful for family, friends, etc. we just do not have such a specific holiday.

Is not part of my Spanish culture, therefore is not a holiday that really speaks to me. For many years I celebrated with my in laws with the traditional turkey, yams, dressing, potatoes and pumpkin pie. Not really my favorite food.

Thanksgiving in my home has always been not very tradtional unless we spent it at somebody's house. When it was just us (Marvin, Sandy, Lizzie and I)  we sometimes did  the turkey and trimmings, but mostly we had whatever we felt like eating, which as a rule didn't include turkey.

Today it was just Marvin, Lizzie and I. We had appetizers first, and later our meal was filet mignon, homemade mashed potatoes, Marvin's great all i oli (garlic mayo) with warm baguette, and pecan pie. And of course, some Freixenet Cava. We  enjoyed the meal.

And we are thankful for our many blessings.



1 comment:

emtes said...

What a dinner! I would have loved it all <3 Especially the pecan pie, you know I love it :-)
I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the photo.
Puss och kram from your sis.
Love you!